In 2008 Essex performed a reconnaissance level condition assessment on several of Green Mountain Powerâ€™sÂ (GMP) existing generation facilities along with a screening study ofÂ new generation alternatives. The screening study included:
- Preparation ofÂ general arrangement drawings;
- Development cost estimatesÂ (using site specific and vendor data);
- An initial assessment of fuel options;
- Electrical interconnection requirements;
- Preliminary assessment of the permitting effort and associated risks;
- Budgetary estimates of CapEx and OpEx, and;
- Performing preliminary financial analyses.
Results of the screening study identified severalÂ viable alternatives. Essex is assistingÂ GMP withÂ more detailed studies on the most attractive options.