Essex staff have extensive experience in applied environmental and ecological sciences. We provide practical guidance and strategies in the fields of environmental conservation, resource management and ecological restoration.
Our approach is focused on addressing the drivers of ecosystem functions to promote the sustainability of the natural environment and the critical services provided by healthy systems.
We are well respected in the field of environmentalÂ science as is demonstrated by our diverse group of clients whichÂ include: developers; utilities; non-profits; governmental and non-governmental agencies.
Our clients benefit from our integrated understanding of natural systems, resource protection standards and development requirements. This knowledge facilitates informed decision-making for investors and resource managers; resulting in reduced risks, costs and processing time for regulatory approvals.
Representative projects include:
- Rhode Island Restoration Strategy
- Groundwater Withdrawal Wetland Resources Impact Study
- Delta Regional Ecosystem Restoration Implementation Plan (DRERIP)
- Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP)
- Woonasquatucket River Fish Passage Restoration Program
- FERC License Compliance
- Strategic Environmental Assessment