Above all else, what separates the Partnership most from other firms is that we look at energy projects not as a consultant, but from the perspective of an owner or developer. Using our years of experience in the power industry we focus on the critical drivers of value that are necessary for a successful project.
We ask tough questions early, identifying key constraints and potential fatal flaws. As a result we are able to avoid unnecessary expenditures until its clear that the efforts are justified.
Essex has successfully completed technical and economic feasibility assessments for: new generation development, repowering, optimization and upgrades.
Our clients include developers; private equity firms and hedge funds; utilities and independent power producers (IPPs’); and government and non-government agencies.
Example Feasibility Study Projects:
- Blackstone River Watershed Hydropower Feasibility Study
- Feasibility Study for Generation Replacement
- Black River Hydropower Desktop Study
- Northfield Mountain Pumped Storage Project: Condition Assessment and Efficiency Upgrade
- Repowering of L’Energia Combined Cycle Project
- Scotland Station Capacity Addition